• When you use websites operated by us (the “Websites”).
• When we e-mail you HTML formattedcommunications. Collectively, we refer to the Websites as “Services.”
TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
“Personal Information” is any information that can either directly or indirectly identify you as an individual. During the course of our operations, we may collect Personal Information in accordance with the law, such as:
• Email address.
• Organization (if indicated in an email you send).
• Contact preferences.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
We (or third party data processors, agents and sub-contractors acting on our behalf) may collect, store and use your personal information through:
Direct interactions - You may give us your information when requesting or subscribing to our newsletter. We keep a record of your interactions with us in our database.
Automated technologies or interactions - As you interact with our Website, we may automatically collect technical data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies.
We collect data through these automated technologies and interactions from:
If you do not want data collected with cookies, you can learn more about controlling cookies at: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/index.html.
You can choose whether to accept cookies by changing the settings on your browser or, if you are an EU resident, by managing your settings using our preferences tool. If, however, you do not accept cookies, you may experience some inconvenience in your use of the our website. You also will not receive advertising or other offers from us that are relevant to your interests and needs. At this time, we do not respond to browser “Do-Not-Track” signals.
• Pixel Tags and other similar technologies - We collect data from pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs), which are used to, among other things,track the actions of users of the Website or email recipients of HTML email communications (did you open the e-mail), measure the success of our marketing campaigns and compile statistics about usage of the Website.
• Analytics - Google Analytics is a web analysis service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Websites. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its ownadvertising network. You can learn about Google’s practices by going towww.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/and opt out by downloading the Google Analytics opt out browser add-on, available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
• Your IP Address - We collect your IP address, a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). An IP address is identified and logged automatically in our server log fileswhen a user accesses the Online Services, along with the time of the visit and the pages that were visited. We use IP addresses to calculate usage levels, diagnose server problems and administer the Websites. We also may derive your approximate location from your IP address (Geolocation).
Aggregated Data. We may aggregate data that we collected, and this aggregated data will not personally identify you or any other user.
Depending on your settings or the privacy policies for social media services like Instagram or Twitter, you may give us permission to access information from those accounts or services, such as your online behavior. The majority of this behavior is anonymized. For more information on how to control your privacy settings for these services, go to the following links:
WHY WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We primarily use your Personal Information to provide you with our newsletter or for announcements regarding new information on our website.
We may also use your information to contact you for feedback (survey), to ensure we are providing the best possible service and, based on your contact preferences, about ABF news. We will only contact you by email about non-contractual information where we have you're consent to do so. Read more here
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We reveal personal information about you to unaffiliated third parties if:
• You request or authorize it.
TRANSFER OF DATA
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to, and maintained on, computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to the United States and process it there.
We have put in place security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As such, we have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach, and we will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
RETENTION OF DATA
We will also retain Website usage data for internal analysis purposes. Usage data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Website, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
CHILDREN’S PRIVACY AND PARENTAL CONSENT
If you are under 18, please ensure you obtain your parent/guardian's consent before you provide personal information to the website. If you don’t have that consent, you must not provide personal information to us.
YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
ABF aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed what Personal Information we hold about you, object to our processing, and/or if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us at Privacy@brinkerhoffpoetry.org.
If you no longer want to receive marketing related e-mails, you may opt out anytime by contacting us directly at Privacy@brinkerhoffpoetry.org or by clicking the unsubscribe button located at the bottom of every marketing e-mail).
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights afforded to you by the Global Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), as follows:
• Access to your personal data: You may request access to a copy of your personaldata.
• Right to withdraw: Where you have given your consent for us to use your personal data, you may withdraw your consent at any time. Please contact us using the details located below if you would like to withdraw your consent, and we will delete your data in line with your right to erasure.
• Rectification: You may ask us to rectify inaccurate information held about you. If you would like to update the data we hold about you, please contact us using thedetails below, and we will provide the updated information.
• Erasure: You may ask us to delete your personal data. If you would like us to delete the personal data we hold about you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying why you would like us to delete your personal data.
Please note that we often need to retain certain data for recordkeeping purposes. There may also be residual data that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed. In addition, there may be certain data that we may not allow you to review for legal, security or other reasons.
• Portability: You may ask us to provide you with the personal information that we hold about you in a structured, commonly used, machine readable form, or ask for us to send such personal data to another data controller.
• Make a complaint: If you are not satisfied with our response to any queries orcomplaints you raise with us or believe we are not processing your personal data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation, you have the right to lodge a complaint at the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) (https://ico.org.uk/). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO, so please contact us in the first instance.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to suchrequests.
POLICY MODIFICATIONS AND CONTACTING US